Subject: RE: [xacml] Schema 15f

Title: Schema 15f
To clarify my concern.

    Using stated promotion rules to determine the return type of a "numerical" operation breaks the isea of strong typing of the return type of the function.
Not good for policy verification..
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Moses [mailto:tim.moses@entrust.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 2:04 PM
To: 'XACML'

Daniel - My understanding is that your issue is addressed by the "type promotion" rules that Michiharu has identified.

In case anyone thinks I have inadvertently revealed a deceit by referring to the contents of Michiharu's document, which I previously said I was unable to decode, I was actually able to decode the plain-text part of the document, which discussed type-promotion, but not the table, which (I assume) contained the legal type-combinations for the functions.

All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses