Subject: Re: [xacml] Proposal of XML Access Control Use Case of XACML

Hi Michiharu,

What do you think if in addition to resource attributes that you construct
out of resource uri we
make:
<Attribute AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:identifiers:resource-uri">
<Attribute AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:identifiers:resource-syntax">
(aka Format)
<Attribute AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:identifiers:resource-scope">

Then we can drop <ResourceSpecifier> element altogether. I know that you
proposed flat
context before and it will make it 'flatter'. There is another advantage to
doing this. If only elements
that we have to address out of the policy are attributes in the context,
non-xpath AttributeDesignator
could be made simple (I posted a note on that recently)

xpath and namespaces.
on lines 433-434 of your proposal you say that pep and pdp must share
namespace-uri and corresponding
prefix. Namespace-uri must be shared. For namespace prefix there is an easy
work around:

<Attribute xmlns:c="urn:oasis:xacml-context" xmlns:a="http:myNS">
    /c:Request/c:Resource/c:ResourceContent/a:employee/a:phone
</Attribute>

Simon Godik