Subject: Re: [xacml] subject attribute designator

Polar,
Currently <SubjectMatch> element allows to match 1 attribute designator to 1
attribute value.
A sequence of subject-matches is interperted as 'and' between individual
matches.
In the target we have another element <Subject> that wraps a sequence of
subject-matches.
A sequence of <Subject> elements in the target is intepreted as 'or'.

So recursive example you give is semantically the same as my example.

I'm beginning to think that this piece is a little bit overengineered.

What if we define a <MatchType> that matches 1 attribute designator to 1
attribute value.
(I think we had this before f2f)
Elements of <MatchType> are always enclosed in <Subject>, <Resource>, or
<Action> elements. So
matches within <Subject> are subject attribute matches, matches within
resource are resoure
attribute matches, etc.

In the target we drop <Subjects> element and leave a sequence of <Subject>
elements that in turn
contain a sequence of matches. (Same for <Resources> and <Actions>)

Sequence of <Subject> elements in the target is interpreted as 'or'.
Sequence of subject mathes within
individual <Subject> element is interpreted as 'and'. (Same for <Resource>
seq and <Action> seq).

SubjectAttributeDesignator will contain optional sequence of subject matches
interperted as 'and' bettween
individual matches.

Example:
<Target> <-- note <Subjects> element gone.
    <Subject>
        <SubjectMatch MatchId="string-equal"> <-- match 1 attr to 1 value
            <AttributeDesignator AttributeId="attrA"/>
            <AttributeValue>a1</AttributeValue>
        </SubjectMatch>
        <SubjectMatch MatchId="string-equal"> <-- match 1 attr to 1 value
            <AttributeDesignator AttributeId="AttrB"/>
            <AttributeValue>b1</AttributeValue>
        </SubjectMatch>
        <SubjectMatch MatchId="string-equal"> <-- match 1 attr to 1 value
            <AttributeDesignator AttributeId="AttrC"/>
            <AttributeValue>c1</AttributeValue>
        </SubjectMatch>
    </Subject>
    <Subject> <-- another subject, 'or' between <Subject> elements.
    </Subject>
</Target>

<SubjectAttributeDesignator AttributeId="AttrA">
    <SubjectMatch MatchId="string-equal"> <-- 'and' between individual
subject-matches.
        <AttributeDesignator AttributeId="AttrB"/>
        <AttributeValue>b1</AttributeValue>
    </SubjectMatch>
    <SubjectMatch MatchId="string-equal">
        <AttributeDesignator AttributeId="AttrC"/>
        <AttributeValue>c1</AttributeValue>
    </SubjectMatch>
</SubjectAttributeDesignator>

Simon