Subject: RE: [xacml] re: functions

I would actually prefer NOT to have any error HIDING functions.
Probably we need to get abck to this issue in a more formal [CR] way...
-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Godik [mailto:simon@godik.com]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 1:59 PM
To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Fw: [xacml] re: functions

There is a typo in 'or' example.
What I really wanted was:
'or': false, ERROR, false -> ERROR

Simon

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 1:41 PM
Subject: [xacml] re: functions

Polar,

I agree with the approach where where ERROR in evaluating 'or', 'and'
is used as placeholder until all components are evaluated.

Then, if ERROR can be substituted with either (true, false) without changing result, result is returned.
If this substitution can not be made, error is returned.
'and': false, ERROR, true -> false
'and': true, ERROR, true -> ERROR
'or': false, ERROR, true -> false <-- typo, must be 'true'
'or' true, ERROR, true -> true

I'm still not sure what is the purpose of error functions.
If an error is raised, there is a prescription of what must be done
during condition evaluation and rule evaluation.

Even if we had error functions there is no syntax to accomodate them.
Also, what to do if error-handling function is raising an error, such as invalid default value etc?

Simon