Subject: Re: [xacml] [CR] DataType attribute required?

Taking this approach to the extreme, means you really need a typechecking
compiler that not only "checks" the type correctness of the policy, but to
WILL HAVE TO "infer" the types of the elements, which is a little bit of a
harder problem. However, in this simple type system (i.e. no recursive,
abstract types), it's not much harder.

So, if you go that far, you might as well eliminate DataType attribute
altogether from the schema, as it doesn't buy you anything but possible
confusion.

As as Michiharu says "In most cases...". However, I would say "In all
cases...." since we can see every expression only appears in a Target or
Condition. The top level expressions in a Target or a Condition in XACML
must result in xs:boolean, and as Michiharu states, the types of all
elements in the expression can be "inferred" from the functions applied to
them.

I would propose to remove the DataType attribute, in this case.

Cheers,
-Polar