Subject: RE: [xacml] Function Completeness

Daniel,

>All I am saying is that if you *can* say integer-greater than in the
>MatchId, and you *can't* say "integer-less", you have a hole in the things
>that you can represent.

I am saying that I do not think that there is any benefit in even
saying "integer-greater" in MatchId.  If I remember correctly on the
Monday call Simon was ensuring me that we do not expand the semantics
of MatchId to substitute the condition.

Also matching by negation: mathching all "not equal", is MUCH harder to
index or search - just time some database operations..

>Do you really think it is not a good idea to cover that hole?

I do not see a hole.  You can express any authorization decision you need
without this functionality and while preserving simple matching  semantics.

A bigger hole would be, getting back to my parachute example, if you have
different parachute sizes supporting different weights

permit(anysubject, parachute, jump) if (integer-greater
resource:parachute_TSO_limit subject:weight)

Expressing this in MatchId - with a resource selector will require an
additional rule for each parachute size.

It should not be expressed in MatchId..

Regards.
Daniel;