Subject: Re: [xacml] Text change request

OK.

In case of XPath 2.0, "xf:string accessor" is better than "aforementioned
string function".

Michiharu

IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory, Internet Technology
Tel. +81 (46) 215-4642   Fax +81 (46) 273-7428

                      Polar Humenn
                      <polar@syr.edu>          To:       Michiharu Kudoh/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
                                               cc:       XACML TC <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      2002/09/27 01:33         Subject:  Re: [xacml] Text change request

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Michiharu Kudoh wrote:

> Polar
>
> The sentence you provide is basically fine.
>
> [1]
> in XPATH 1.0 specification resulting in a sequence of one string data
> element.
> ==>
> in XPATH 1.0 specification resulting in a bag of one string data
> element.

Actually, I used "sequence" to unify both the XPATH 1.0 and 2.0
descriptions. Then logically convert the "sequence of string data" to a
bag of primitive values.

> [2]
> Since XPath 2.0 returns either a sequence or the error value, we should
say
> that "the result of the XPATH expression is a sequence of items (item is
an
> atomic value or a node) or the error value. When the error value is
> returned, the PDP SHOULD return Indeterminate."

OKay.

-Polar

Kudoh/Japan/IBM@IBMJP