Subject: [xacml] Change request on Section 7

Change request on Section 7

I think the order of subsections does not reflect the importance of the
functional requirements. I would suggest to change the orders as follows:

7.1 Policy Set evaluation
7.2 Policy evaluation
7.3 Rule evaluation
7.4 (new section) Attribute retrieval from Request Context
7.5 Missing attributes
7.6 Hierarchical resources
7.7 LDAP attributes

Section 7.4 is a new section. This section is necessary because we decided
to introduce DataType attribute in Context and Policy.

AttributeDesignator or AttributeSelector retrieves corresponding attributes
in RequestContext by its name and data type specified in the
AttributeDesignator or AttributeSelector. For example, if there are two
startDate attribute specified in the context whose first attribute has
xs:string DataType attribute while whose second attribute has xs:date
DataType attribute, and if a policy specifies an
EnvironmentAttributeDesignator which includes the startDate as an
AttributeId and xs:string as DataType, that attribute desigantor should
retrieve only the first attribute not the second attribute.

If two data types specified in attribute designator and request context do
not match, then appropriate type conversion is performed. Appropriate type
conversions are one of the following: any type can be converted into
xs:string and xs:string can be converted into other data type if the format
is compliant.

Michiharu Kudo

IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory, Internet Technology
Tel. +81 (46) 215-4642   Fax +81 (46) 273-7428