Subject: [xacml] RE: Request for clarification on"After ... final changes to the document"

Anne:

1. TC approves the spec as a CS
2. Send out for public review
3. Fix the spec as suggested by comment received during the review
4. repeat 2-3 as necessary
5. re-approve as a new CS
6. submit to OASIS

> Are we free to make any changes we like at
> the end of the 30-day public review period, so long as we
> re-approve the work as a Committee Specification?  If not,
> exactly what changes may be made without going through yet
> another 30-day review period?

Looking for the corner cases, eh? :-)

The spec should be complete when you send it out for review. If you
make major changes that were not part of the public review you should
send the spec out for review again. The only time you would not want
to do another review is when all you've done is fixed comments.

The purpose of all of the above is to get the spec as clean as
possible before submitting it to OASIS. Previously the TC would submit
the spec to OASIS then we would have a 90 day member review period
before voting. But a review period always produces comments, and we
didn't have any way of handling those comments before voting started.
So under the new version of the Process the TC will have the review
period(s), fix and re-approve the spec, submit to OASIS members for a
short familiarization period (no comments), then we'll do the voting.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206