Subject: [xacml] Proposed Process for Public Review

Title: Proposed Process for Public Review

Since we are hoping to conduct a public review, potentially starting as soon as Monday, I propose the following process strawman. The key point is we need a volunteer to be the review editor. My basic idea is to work comments as they come in. I think we should be willing to make changes that:

- correct errors and omissions
- clarify intent
- fix clearcut bugs

we should avoid changes that:

- add features
- create new functionality
- alter existing functionality

1. Spec available on web page
2. Public review announced in OASIS news and by special email to members and announce lists? (whatever lists Karl suggests)

3. document and announcements request comments to comment list
4. review editor takes comments
4a. breaks up multiple comment messages
4b. posts to mail list with proposed disposition:
   no action - propose explaination or clarification
   correction - propose line changes
   deferred - explain why
5. Each week TC takes up and votes on dispositions
6. At end of comment period
6a. apply all changes
6b. provide message back to each commentor on the disposition of their comments
6c. vote for committee spec of updated version

Presumably this would be followed by the submission to OASIS.

Comments?

Hal