Subject: Re: [xacml] Alternative to Michiharu's proposal. (fwd)

you only need to choose between 'a XACML' and 'an XACML', other than that i can live with it. :o)

Polar Humenn wrote:
> Opps, I noticed a couple nuances when it came back to me as well. I'm done
> for the day. A rewording based on Bill's suggestions:
>
> 7.1 Use Profile for XACML Request

! This section describes the use profile for using an XACML PDP in an
> application environment. This use profile covers the case of a PEP that is
> configured to make authorization queries to a single PDP. PEP to multiple
> PDP configurations are outside of the scope of this specification.
>
> An application functions in the role of the PEP if it guards access to a
> particular resource and asks the PDP for an access decision. The PEP that
> asks the PDP for an access decision SHALL abide by the result of that
> access decision in the following way:
>
> A PEP SHALL allow access to the particular resource ONLY IF a valid XACML
> response of "Permit" is returned by the PDP. The PEP SHALL deny access to
! the particular resource in all other cases. An XACML response of "Permit"
> SHALL be considered valid ONLY IF the PEP understands all of the
> obligations that may be contained in the response.
>
> A PEP that receives a valid XACML response of "Permit" with obligations
> SHALL be responsible for fulfilling all of those obligations. A PEP that
! receives a XACML response of "Deny" with obligations SHALL be responsible