Subject: Re: [xacml] Proposed Agenda October 10, COncall

On 9 October, Hal Lockhart writes: [xacml] Proposed Agenda October 10, COncall
 > 10:00-10:05 Roll Call and Agenda Review
 > 10:05-10:10 Vote to accept minutes of September 26 concall
 > (note minutes of October 3 call not posted yet)

Au contraire, see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00014.html

Copy follows:
XACML TC General Body Meeting Minutes
3 October 2002; Time: 10:00 AM EDT

Present: Anne Anderson (scribe), Bill Parducci, Carlisle Adams, Hal
         Lockhart, Michiharu Kudo, Tim Moses, Simon Godik, Don
         Flinn, Daniel Engovatov.  Quorum.

-Postpone approval of minutes from 26 Sept 2002 until next
 meeting since people have not had time to read.
-Action items from 26 Sept 2002 minutes are all post 1.0, so we
 did not go over them.
-Discussion of how to clean up final edit changes to the
 document.  Decision to schedule an editing session.  See
 SCHEDULE below.

OUTSTANDING CHANGE REQUESTS
===========================

APPROVED 64-67, 70-71.  The subcommittee had recommended approval
 for all of these, and this was a quorum vote to confirm that.

68. Discussion
-Agreed that supporting multiple identities per subject entity is
 important.  Hal and Anne have use cases.
-Need to match attributes with the authn-method, so can say "User
 must have been issued a manager group attribute to her x500Name
 identity"
-Need examples, use cases.
-SubjectAttributeDesignator is ALWAYS under a function, so it can
 pick up its implied Datatype from the function.
 SubjectAttributeDesignator will ONLY select elements of the
 function's
-Attribute not associated with particular ID, but can be
 associated with a particular issuer.

APPROVED: Put Datatype back into context.
APPROVED: Put subject-category as optional xml attribute in
 SubjectAttributeDesignator

74. Discussion
APPROVED: Put Datatype back into Policy also.

-If Datatype says "xs:integer", but Function is "string-match",
 what happens?  OK if conversion is allowed.
-Michiharu: every type can be converted to string.

APPROVED. Say "If string is of the format required by a
 datatype, then it can be converted to that datatype."  Also
 XPATH specifies promotions for certain numeric datatypes.
 "Every type can be converted to string."
APPROVED: Datatype has default "xs:string".

69: REJECTED.  See #68 and #74.

72. REJECTED.  See #68.

73. keyInfo-match function?  Very complex match function.
    REJECTED.

    Add text to Appendix A saying: use XPATH and
    AttributeSelector to match on this for 1.0.  We could define
    specific attributes for elements in the KeyInfo in the
    future.

    Add text to Context Handler description 2.9 line 500, saying,
    for SAML, attributes have been supplied for flattening SAML
    structure.

ACTION [MICHIHARU]: send sentence for Context Handler to Tim.

ACTION [ANNE]: send description of how to handle KeyInfo to Tim.
    Write for the Functions Appendix A.3 Structured Types.

SCHEDULE
========
-Carlisle will be out of the country next week.  Will try to call in
 Thursday, but no guarantees.  Hal will chair on Monday and
 Thursday if Tim is not there.
-Tim will be out Tuesday pm - Friday.
-Appendix B needs description of dateTime format.  Discuss on
 Monday.
-How to handle reference to LDAP attribute?  How does a PAP know
 that a particular attribute should be used in a particular way?
 Discuss Monday.

ACTION [Simon]: Sections 5 and 6 by Monday afternoon.
ACTION [Tim]: will get 1.0 out on Tuesday.  No change bars.
ACTION [ALL] e-mail itemized changes if you can't call in Monday.

-Mon 9  Oct: editing session during the 2-hour meeting.  READ
 SPEC V17 AHEAD OF TIME.  Have your list of changes marked up
 already.  Go through line by line with people supplying
 necessary changes.  ONLY if you can't make the phone call, send
 editing changes to the mailing list, giving for EACH change:
 line#, Section #, Section Title, Paragraph# within Section.
-Tues 8  Oct: 1.0 comes out
-Thur 10 Oct: Vote on SC
-Thur 10 Oct: Hal forwards SC to Karl Best to start 30-day review
 process.