Subject: [xacml] XACML October 24, 2002 Minutes

Title: XACML Conference Call Minutes

XACML Conference Call

Date:  Thursday, October 24, 2002

Time: 10:00 AM EDT

Tel: 512-225-3050 Access Code: 65998

Summary

Majority of the meeting was spent discussing one issue - 101 and the use of QNames.

Action Items

1. [TC] Finish resolving Change Request List

Votes

Voted to accept minutes of 10/17 con call

Proposed Agenda:

10:00-10:05 Roll Call and Agenda Review
10:05-10:10 Vote to accept minutes of October 17 concalls
10:10-11:00 Review open Items on Change Request List and 18D

Roll Call

Ken Yagen, Crosslogix

Hal Lockhart, Entegrity

Tim Mose, Entrust

Steve Anderson, OpenNetwork

Simon Godik, Overxeer

Bill Parducci, Overxeer

Steve Crocker, Pervasive Security Systems

Polar Humenn, Self

Anne Anderson, Sun Microsystems

Gerald Brose, Xtradyne

Raw Minutes (taken by Ken Yagen)

Motion to accept minutes of October 17 approved

Review of Change Request List

Postpone 76, 92, 98

0100: [Steve Hanna] SteveHanna01: integer-mod takes two arguments

Module not specified. Is in list that takes one arg and should be in list that takes two. Move integer mod to the paragraph above, under decimal divide.

0101: [Satoshi Hada] SatoshiHada01: How many namespaces does XACML define?
If using these short Qnames do we namespace for subject and action rather than spelling out long name? i.e.  urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:attributes:subject? QName has one colon and does not allow other colons in the name. [Discussion on use of QName] Simon's suggestion is can apply to datatype if wish, but shouldn't apply it anywhere else. Tim's interpretation: QName is substitution that does not contain colons but is equivalent. If want to extend XACML with new function, what do you put in there? Use namespace prefix.
Define URN for function and URN for datatype and can refer them to function:simpleName and datatype:simpleName with no colons in simpleName.
Do we want to do this for attributes? subjectattr:subject-id

[Discussion of whether to use QNames at all and what it really means. Is it a datatype or macro expansion]

Datatype is making use of other schemas so maybe keep QNames there.

Proposal: Use URI for functions, if introduce new datatypes, introduce a new namespace. Use namespaces (and QNames?) for policy, context, and xsi:Datatype (because importing other name prefixes). Use URI for everything else.

Need to define namespace for XACML datatypes. xacml:datatype can be used.

In Schema just use QNames for datatypes. Define that QName is datatype in policy instance document. Should recommend use of certain prefix we think is appropriate.

Polar concern that people use unstandard names for these in their policy documents. We can require certain namespace prefixes for consistency.