Subject: Re: [xacml] [Polar] PH09: New section 7.4.2 Attributes

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 01:25:54PM -0500, Polar Humenn wrote:
> You use "anyof" in this way.

Yes, I understand how anyOf is used, but it means that you can't nest Apply
blocks that have functions that expect single values. Ie, in the example
you give

> <Apply FunctionId="function:AnyOf">
>     <Function FunctionId="function:string-equal">
>     <AttributeValue Datatype="....#string">Hello World</AttributeValue>
>     <AttributeDesignator ....../>
> </Apply>

I know that there was one match to the value "Hello World" but I don't get
back that value, I get a boolean value instead. If I have an add function that
is inside of a floor function (for instance), I can't use anyOf to somehow
make sure that bags with only one value get handled correctly by the
functions, since I want to need to have the add function return a number,
not a boolean. The comment in the change request was that anyOf can somehow
be used to solve this, and my point is that it cannot.

seth