Subject: [xacml] Re: is-present elements

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:31:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Polar Humenn <polar@syr.edu>
To: simon godik <simon@godik.com>
Subject: Re: is-present elements

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, simon godik wrote:

> Polar,
> I'm incorporating your text into section 5.
> I have couple of questions:

> 1. is it nesessary to call subject-attribute-designator
> categorized-subject-attribute-designator since we do not have -where
> element any more?

Well, it just worked better with the text, i.e. defining the term
"named categorized subject attribute".

> 2. for is present designators: is'n it better do define 'present'
> function that takes as an argument existing attribute deisgnators:
> <Apply FunctionId="present">
>     <ResourceAttributeDesignator ... />
> </Apply>

No, that is because the apply, generically, takes values as arguments, not
elements. In that evaluation scenario, ResourceAttributeDesginator would
have to be evaluated before being passed to "present", which of course
would defeat the purpose.

Otherwise, you force specificiall (Apply "present") to operate differently
than other applies.

Cheers,
-Polar