Subject: [xacml] Public review comment handling: straw person

Here is an outline of a process for handling comments received
during the public review period.  It is more detailed than I
expect the actual process to be, and I don't expect the process
to be adhered to rigidly.  We've operated on general consensus
all along, no reason to stop now.

Here is the requirement, from the OASIS "TC Process" page:

  4. an account of or pointer to the comments/issues raised
     during the public review period, along with their
     resolution;

Straw Person

RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
-Comments will come in to the xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
-Comment editor (I have volunteered) acknowledges receipt of the
 comment directly back to the submitter.

ANALYSIS
-Comment editor (or another member of the "Comment Subcommittee")
 analyzes the comment, breaking it down into as many specific comments
 as necessary.
-Each specific comment is assigned a short identifying title
-Each specific comment is assigned a number,
-Each specific comment is assigned one or more categories:
  o Objection to concept
  o Objection to a previous response
  o Inconsistent
  o Unclear
  o Undesirable feature
  o Editorial
  o Alternative
-Each specific comment is identified by the section or sections
 of the specification and/or elements in the schema to which it
 pertains
-Analysis of the comment posted to xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

SUBCOMMITTEE RESOLUTION
-Comment Subcommittee discusses each specific comment.  Request for
 clarification of a comment may be posted to
 xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
-Comment Subcommittee proposes a "general resolution", which is posted to
 xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
-If general resolution calls for changes to the specification,
 Comment Subcommittee assigns one member to draft specific text
 changes.
-General resolution and draft are posted to
 xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
-Iterate until xacml@lists.oasis-open.org seems happy

TC RESOLUTION
-General resolution and specific text changes voted on at next TC
 meeting.
-Iterate if necessary until TC approves response

RESPONSE
-General resolution and specific text changes are posted to
 xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
-Specific text changes made to internal copy of specification or
 schemas by specification editors