Subject: [xacml] straw poll on "<type>-map" or "map"

The list discussion is not coming to any resolution on Comment#
0033. http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/200211/msg00061.html
Subject: map function
From: Seth Proctor <seth.proctor@sun.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:22:32 -0500

Since it looks like a vote may be required, but a vote will not
be possible until December 5, I would like to take a straw poll
to see how the vote is likely to go.  This will allow intrepid
implementors to implement "the most likely" outcome now (at some
risk of having to change after Dec. 5).

This is not an official e-mail vote, and is non-binding: on
December 5, we can vote "officially" and your vote can differ
from the one you submit to this straw poll.  But if you think you
know how you would vote and are willing to post that now, please
do.

My straw poll vote is: <type>-map

Rationale:
1) Consistent with type system implied by every other XACML
   function.
2) If we polymorphic output "map", then we should use polymorphic
   functions everywhere (i.e. "equal", not "string-equal"
   "integer-equal" "boolean-equal", etc.)
3) Makes type checking easier for the user and for the
   implementation.

Anne Anderson