Subject: [xacml] Re: [xacml-comment] D024

Polar, I disagree.  In my opinion, the type checking for
arguments to functions should be done at the time the function is
evaluated, not at the time the policy is parsed.  Since we have
not specified the type-correctness of XACML functions using XML,
the type correctness must be checked after the policy is parsed
by the XML parser.  It could be done as a second, XACML-specific
parsing step, but I believe it is probably cleaner to have the
type checking done at the time the function is evaluated.  This
may make it easier to deal with plug-in custom functions.

Anne Anderson

On 3 December, Polar Humenn writes: Re: [xacml-comment] D024