Subject: Re: [xacml] WS-Policy and XACML comparison

On 26 February, Anthony Nadalin writes: Re: [xacml] WS-Policy and XACML comparison
 > As you know there is already a specification called WS-Policy out in public
 > domain, so when you reference WS-Policy, I assume its the WS-Policy
 > specification, if not you need to clarify and select a different name (such
 > as Web services policy) so as not to confuse people reading these posts.

I would be happy to choose another name for the future.  I am
sorry for any confusion.  For the time being, I will use "Web
Services Policy Language" (WSPL) (pronounced "wuss pull" :-) to
mean the generic set of requirements.

 > So with that said your note still confuses things as you say  "The more I
 > have studied WS-Policy requirements, the more I think XACML is the best
 > candidate for meeting them". Please tell us what you studied, and it seems
 > that this is based upon 1 presentation ? You then state that "I know, there
 > is no published Requirements Specification for WS-Policy, and that agreeing
 > on the requirements is one of the first tasks ahead of the group working on
 > WS-Policy", so which is it ?

I have studied the notes from the Redmond meeting and various
e-mails that have ensued.  I have also talked over requirements
with Yassir Elley, who sits next to me and who has attended many
of the meetings relating to WSPL.

 > Also the authors of WS-Policy (and family specifications) did present the
 > requirements during the policy requirements meeting in Redmond, but I did
 > not see that referenced in you write-up.

I do not have any archive of minutes from that meeting to which I
can refer.  Do you have a globally accessible URL I can use?