Subject: [xacml] 2nd Draft Minutes of 6 March 2003 TC Meeting

I am reposting this since it does not seem to have survived the
mailing list changes.  It did go out to the entire list earlier.
These are the minutes we approved this morning.

Anne

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: Anne Anderson <Anne.Anderson@sun.com>
To: Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com>
Cc: XACML TC <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:36:22 -0500

On 6 March, Carlisle Adams writes: RE: [xacml] Draft Minutes of 6 March 2003 TC Meeting
 > Great minutes, as always.  One tiny typo:  is think you mean "XACML 2.0"
 > rather than "XACML 1.0" in the "end June" paragraph below.
 >    end June 2003: Concrete problem statements due.  Any item
 >                   that does not have a concrete problem statement by
 >                   this date automatically falls out of XACML 1.0
 >                   (could become part of 2.0+ or 3.0)
 >    end Sept 2003: Rough agreement on solution for each item.
 >    end Dec  2003: Committee Spec vote

Thanks: I may not be accurate, but I'm fast :-) Corrected minutes
follow.  -Anne

Minutes of 6 March 2003 OASIS XACML TC General Body Meeting
Scribe:  Anne Anderson
Version: 1.2, 03/03/06 (yy/mm/dd)
Doc name: /home/aa74233/docs/XACML/SCCS/s.Minutes05Mar03.txt

Present:
  Daniel Engovatov
  Anne Anderson
  Carlisle Adams
  Steve Crocker
  Steve Anderson
  Gerald Brose
  Tim Moses
  Hal Lockhart
  Michiharu Kudo
  Simon Godik
  bill parducci
  Polar Humenn

Quorum present.

1. Previous minutes

   Approved minutes from Feb. 13 concall

2. Updates to Errata Spec

   ACTION ITEM: Simon to collect recent mail to xacml-comment and
   put out an updated draft for e-mail and Focus Group
   discussion.

3. Who will edit XACML 1.1 Spec?

   Tim Moses and Simon Godik will continue as co-editors.
   Replacements/Additions are invited to apply.

4. Target schedule for completing XACML 1.1 work

   Possible work items are:
   a) Fully specify hierarchical resources [Simon lead; Satoshi,
      Michiharu]
   b) Define new combining algorithms for deterministic
      Obligations. [Michiharu lead?]
   c) ebXML: Allow references to Rules (as we now allow for
      policies and policy sets) [Anne]
   d) Incorporate fixes for errata [Simon lead]
   e) Condition reference: From the policy, a specific condition
      expression is referred to by using condition ID that is
      defined in the condition definition block. [Michiharu]
   f) Properties for new combining algorithms [Michiharu]
   g) Obligations in rule element [Michiharu]
   h) Define any elements needed in the XACML schemas for use by
      a Digital Signature envelope for XACML [Anne; proposals
      invited]
   i) Add an ID Attribute so can reference elements easily for
      use with Digital Signatures.

   Work items above are for discussion and proposal.  Each may
   or may not end up in the XACML 1.1 Specification.  Additional
   items may be proposed, so long as concrete problem statements
   are submitted by 3 April 2003.

   3 April 2003:   Concrete problem statements due.  Any
                   item that does not have a concrete problem
                   statement by this date automatically falls out
                   of XACML 1.1 (could become part of 1.1+ or
                   2.0)
   end April 2003: Rough agreement on solution for each item.
   end May   2003: Committee Spec vote

   No Face-to-Face meeting planned.  Items are small enough to
   resolve by e-mail and concall.

5. Implementer's Guide

   ACTION ITEM: Hal to extract Implementer's Guide information from
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200301/msg00010.html
   and send to Michiharu to add to web site as part of the list
   of available implementations.

   Hal agreed to be the editor for the Implementer's Guide.
   Additions can be sent to xacml-comment, and Hal will add them
   to the document linked to from the XACML TC web page.

6. Naming of XACML 1.0 schemas

   XACML 1.0 schemas will not be renamed, as existing
   implementations use the cs-xacml-schema-*-01.xsd names.

   Starting with XACML 1.1, the xsds will be named
   oasis-xacml-schema-*.xsd

7. Work item 2f: define set of domain-specific identifiers

   If someone submits a proposal by 3 April 2003, then this can
   be considered for XACML 1.1.  Otherwise, it will be considered
   when a proposal does come in (see Item 8 below).

8. Target schedule for completing XACML 2.0 work

   Possible work items are:
   4. XACML Extensions
      a) Web Services Policy Language (WSPL) [Anne lead; Tim, Simon]
      b) Information about how/where to obtain policies and
         attributes; how to authenticate them (e.g. trust anchors)
         [Anne]
   7. XACML for privacy policies (exploration of whether and how
      XACML can be used to express privacy policies) [Carlisle lead;
      Bill, Simon]
   2f) Define a set of domain-specific identifiers (action,
      combining algorithm etc.) that are used in well-known
      domains e.g. UNIX ACL, Windows, database ... [Michiharu]

      Hope to have some proposals from actual applications using
      XACML.

   Work items above are for discussion and proposal.  Each may
   or may not end up in the XACML 2.0 Specification.  Additional
   items may be proposed, so long as concrete problem statements
   are submitted by end June 2003.

   end June 2003: Concrete problem statements due.  Any item
                  that does not have a concrete problem statement by
                  this date automatically falls out of XACML 2.0
                  (could become part of 2.0+ or 3.0)
   end Sept 2003: Rough agreement on solution for each item.
   end Dec  2003: Committee Spec vote

9. SAML 2.0 changes to use XACML 1.0

   13 March 2003 Focus Group will discuss the proposal in
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200303/msg00004.html

   Once a proposal is agreed on in the Focus Group, it will be
   brought forward to the TC General Body for a vote on sending
   it to SAML for inclusion in SAML 2.0.

10. Next meetings

   Next TC Focus Group conference call:  13 March 2003, 10am EST.
      Agenda: Discuss proposal for SAML 2.0 changes to use XACML 1.0
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200303/msg00004.html

   Next TC General Body conference call: 20 March 2003, 10am EST.

Meeting adjourned at 11:01.