Subject: [xacml] Plans for XACML and WSPL

Colleagues interested in WSPL:

Here is a plan for how we work on WSPL within XACML.  Comments
welcome.  Tony, I hope I have addressed your concern about XACML
and actual ownership of WSPL requirements.

-Anne

SCOPE

   a. XACML TC definitely does not own the requirements for WSPL
      since we do not own the charter for web services or web
      services security.

   b. Nevertheless, XACML TC should not wait for WSS or some new
      group (TBD) to be chartered to issue formal requirements
      before we start our investigation.  Many requirements are
      fairly clear and already known, and we can be investigating
      areas where XACML need to be extended to meet already known
      requirements.

XACML TC PLAN FOR WORK ON WSPL

   a. Define a set of use cases.  Tim is working on a draft.

   b. From the use cases, extract a set of requirements to work
      from.  These are for XACML TC use, and not intended as a
      definitive set of requirements for WSS or TBD.  But XACML
      TC will share the requirements we identify with WSS or
      TBD.

   c. Evaluate XACML capabilities against the requirements and
      determine additional work needed for XACML to meet those
      requirements.

   d. Do the additional work.

   e. As requirements from WSS or TBD are defined, incorporate
      them into our analysis and work effort.