Subject: Re: [xacml] Draft proposal for new work item: properties for newcombining algorithm

Michiharu Kudoh wrote:

> 4) Add a certain element (e.g. <Property> element) for a placeholder that
> allows any element below it.

oh no, the dreaded JUNK DRAWER! :o)

<Policy>
   <Rule>
     <Property>
       <Lorem>ipsum</Lorem>
         <dolor>
            <nonummy>
              <consectetuer>adipiscing</consectetuer>
              <elit>sed diam</elit>
            </nonummy>
         </dolor>
         <dolor>
            <nonummy>
              <consectetuer>euismod tincidunt</consectetuer>
              <elit>ut laoreet</elit>
            </nonummy>
         </dolor>
         <magna>
            <aliquam>
              <volutpat>
                <veniam>quis nostrud</veniam>
              </volutpat>
            </nonummy>
         </aliquam>
     </Property>
     <Target>
     <Condition>
   </Rule>
</Policy>

i think that if we go this route we need to be very explicit about what
this is for and how it should be used. personally, i would like prefer
to see some sort of reference that lists acceptable elements (yeah,
yeah, we are not in the business of maintaining referential information,
i know....) but things like 'priority' are not trivial to evaluations
and while i think that they are a good idea, the thought of such things
being an optional field with undefined properties scares me silly.