Subject: Re: [xacml] Proposed XACML 1.1 Solution for Item F1:Properties for newcombining algorithms

I still think this proposal adds a dangerous "catch-all" element
to XACML.  Since any PDP that understands one of these new
combining algorithms that requires parameters will need to be a
custom PDP, why not let this be a custom extension?  Why do we
need to standardize it?

Before we standardize an element like this, I think we need a
strong use case based on actual customer demand.  The use case
would need to require that we would standardize one or more
combining algorithms that require this element at the same time.
As we worked on standardizing such an algorithm, we could better
consider whether this <Property> element is really the best
solution, or if there is something more controllable that would
suffice.