Subject: Re: [xacml] instance of "second proposal for hierarchical resources"

Good question.  In UNIX, a link can by-pass the requirement that a file
have "execute" permissions all the way up to the root, but a link also
has no permissions itself and depends on the permissions assigned to the
linked file itself.

As a starting point, I suggest saying only regular files and directories

I'll do some research tomorrow to see how Java FilePermission (which has
very similar syntax) handles links.

-Anne

"bill parducci" <bill.parducci@overxeer.com> wrote:
>Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:04:12 -0700
>what behavior are you assuming for the pursuit of symbolic links in this
>example? are they followed?
>

>is sydney.east.sun.com:/home/aa74233/abc.html in
>
>file://sydney.east.sun.com/home/aa74233/++
>
>if
>
>abc.html -> /root/abc.html
>
>?

------