Subject: Comments on XACML 1.1 draft 2

Hi,

I'd like to restate my comments according to the new draft posted at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200307/msg00033.html

(1)
Section 5.4 (Lines 2032--2033):

"The <XPathVersion> element SHALL specify
the version of the XPath specification to be
used by <AttributeSelector> elements."

should be

"The <XPathVersion> element SHALL specify
the version of the XPath specification to be
used by <AttributeSelector> elements and XPath-based functions."

This comment is based on Section 3.9 of the errata document.

(2)

Two different terms are used to refer to a URI equality comparison.

"URI equality" in Sections 5.27 and 7.9.1, but "anyURI-equality" in Section 5.28.

We should have a common term.

(3)
According to the XACML schema, the data type of the "Issuer" attribute
in AttributeDesignatorType is xs:string.

However,7.9.1 says that:

If Issuer is supplied in the named attribute, then it MUST match, by URI equality,
the Issuer of the same context attribute.

"URI equality" should be "string equality".

The comment about the "Issuer" attribute

should go to the errata document because
the inconsistency is in the 1.0 specification.

Satoshi Hada
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Satoshi Hada/Japan/IBM on 2003/07/15 22:49 -----
Satoshi Hada/Japan/IBM@IBMJP

2003/07/15 15:44

I'm sending my comments on the draft of version 1.1 posted at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200307/msg00001.html

(1)

Section 5.4 (Lines 1840--1841):

"The <XPathVersion> element SHALL specify
the version of the XPath specification to be
used by <AttributeSelector> elements."

should be

"The <XPathVersion> element SHALL specify
the version of the XPath specification to be
used by <AttributeSelector> elements and XPath-based functions."

This comment is based on Section 3.9 of the errata document.

(2)

Two different terms are used to refer to a URI equality comparison.

"URI equality" in Sections 5.27 and 7.9.1, but "anyURI-equality" in Section 5.28.

We should have a common term.

(3)
According to the XACML schema, the data type of the "Issuer" attribute
in AttributeDesignatorType is xs:string.

However, Sections 5.27 and 7.9.1 seem to say that it is xs:anyURI.

It should be consistent.

This comment should go to the errata document because
this is an inconsistency in the 1.0 specification.

Also, see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200307/msg00011.html