Subject: RE: [xacml] AA45: make data-flow diagram of school website

Anne - I'm not sure how school Web sites enter into this.  But, I support
the proposal to take advantage of the current opportunity to revise the
data-flow diagram.  I tried to shut my ears to it.  But, it is clear people
find that diagram confusing.  All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson [mailto:Anne.Anderson@Sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 9:46 AM
To: liljinks_08@yahoo.com
Cc: XACML TC

As I recall, the TC considered this recommendation and made minor
tweaks, but did not make major changes because it is a data-flow
diagram and not an operational diagram.  My recommended changes
contained more model constraints than the TC wanted the diagram
to imply.

The XACML Specification has been very careful NOT to imply
particular implementation constraints, and to leave the model as
general as possible.  I've often felt, however, that a
non-normative guide, outlining implementation models that are
consistent with the intent of the TC, would be helpful to users
in deciding how XACML is really *supposed* to work :-)

Anne

On 17 July, liljinks_08@yahoo.com writes: [xacml] AA45: make data-flow
diagram of school website
 > From: <liljinks_08@yahoo.com>
 > To: <Anne.Anderson@sun.com>
 > Subject: [xacml] AA45: make data-flow diagram of school website
 > Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:20:48 +0100
 >
 > http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00195.html

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/members/leave_workgroup.p
hp