Subject: Re: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL

Bill, this reinforces why WSPL is our of scope,  As you write  "If you are
writing polices for WSPL that are expressed in XACML", so the emphasis is
writing WSPL not XACML. I realize that some TCs want to go on and on and
never end but hopefully this is not one of those.
Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           bill parducci    |
|         |           <bill.parducci@ov|
|         |           erxeer.com>      |
|         |           09/18/2003 10:14 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       XACML TC <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL                                                                                        |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

i agree with polar, this proposal falls in line with what i think is
common with SAML: profiling. i don't read it as saying, 'THOU SHALT
WRITE WSPL POLICIES THUS,' but rather, ' IF you are writing polices for
WSPL that are expressed in XACML, here is how it would be done.' in that
context the examples tim provides seem reasonable and within the charter
of the TC.

Anthony Nadalin wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I would also have to object and say that is out of scope for the XACML TC
> and is expanding the charter which is not allowed. The document clearly
> talks about Policy in a general term.
>
> I'm also not sure what  you mean by "then perhaps we should start a new
> OASIS TC for it"
>
> As far as Polar's comment, time will tell as it did for Corba.
>
> Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/members/leave_workgroup.php
.