Subject: Re: [xacml] Draft minutes

According to OASIS rules, submissions to OASIS TCs MUST include a
statement by the author or contributors IF there IS IP involved.
Tim has said the WSS document was prepared under OASIS rules.  No
IP was declared (by Tony's statement and by Tim's), therefore there
is no IP of which the author and contributors were aware.

If members want to have positive assertions that there *IS NO* IP,
rather than the current OASIS rule that there be positive assertions
only if there *IS* IP, then I suggest those members ask the OASIS
board to change the rules.

I request that we close this issue.

Anne

"Anthony Nadalin" <drsecure@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:01:39 -0500
>

>I can't post links as the WSS-TC Discussion group has been removed. Maybe
>Tim has kept some items around ? If not, then I'm not sure how we track
>this down.
>
>Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122
>

>|---------+---------------------------->
>|         |           Bill Parducci    |
>|         |           <bill.parducci@ov|
>|         |           erxeer.com>      |
>|         |                            |
>|         |           10/06/2003 10:10 |
>|         |           AM               |
>|---------+---------------------------->
>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>  |       To:       "'XACML'" <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>
>  |       cc:
>  |       Subject:  Re: [xacml] Draft minutes
>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>

>i believe that all of us in the TC are in agreement with this. in the
>interest of expediency can you post any links raising potential
>conflicts or specific concerns that you have so that we can explore the
>ramifications directly?
>
>thanks

>Anthony Nadalin wrote:
>
>> As you know IBM's position is that all web services specification should
>be
>> made RF. Why I worry is that I don't want to go down the path of working
>on
>> an input document and later find out that it has IP from previous
>authors.
>>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/members/leave_workgroup.php
>.
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the
>OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/members/leave_workgroup.php.

-----
Anne H. Anderson                 Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Laboratories    781-442-0928
Burlington, MA  USA