Subject: RE: [xacml] FW: SAML AI 0076 - XACML Policy Transport

On the SAML call yesterday (10/14) the few people who expressed an opinion
felt that this was more appropriate to do in XACML. They felt that if we
wanted to introduce an abstract "policy" element which could contain any
kind of policy, not just XACML and then define the XACML constructs below
that, it might make sense to have SAML define abstract policy layer.
Otherwise the feeling was this was more appropriate to do in XACML.

Unless somebody feels the abstract policy layer is important, I suggest we
simply do it as described below. If at a future time there is a push for an
abstract layer, we can adjust accordingly. DOing it in the XACML TC will
also make it easier to deal with any interactions with other proposed 2.0
changes, such as to Target.

My feeling is that this will have to be a separate profile. Any opinions on
this?

Hal

orkgroup.php.