Subject: [Issue] Would it be SO bad if we dropped the <Function> element?

Colleagues - Do we need to retain the <Function> element?  I believe its
purpose can be served by the <Apply> element when the FunctionId attribute
identifies one of the bag functions.  We already allow a similar special
case in the <Condition> element, which is an <Apply> element whose
FunctionId attribute must identify a function whose return type is boolean.

As currently structured, the bag function does not "enclose" the attributes
or functions to which it applies.

If we require the use of the <Apply> element instead, the bag function can
enclose the attributes or functions to which it applies.  See lines [a477]
to [a491] in draft 3.  Doesn't this make more sense?

All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses
613.270.3183