Subject: focus group agenda point: Rebekah's effort on the xacml-saml attributesconvergence

Rebekah wrote a nice proposal about Attribute Representation in SAML 2.0:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/4884/draft-sstc-attribute-02.pdf

and the SAML TC is evaluating its merits and seems only look-warm to the idea of
adopting the uri-typing system used in xacml.

It would probably be very timely to discuss internally the pros and cons of this
scheme to get us all on the same page, and to engage the saml tc with the right
arguments.

Could we put that on the agenda for this thursday's focus group call?
Would Rebekah be available for that call?

I believe that there were also issues about the issuer format, but I forgot the
details...

Regards, Frank.

--
Frank Siebenlist               franks@mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory