Subject: Minutes from 6 November 2003 Focus Group

[I am bringing the list of agendas and minutes linked off our TC
home page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/minutes.php up to
date, and noticed we had no minutes at all from the 6 November
2003 Focus Group meeting.  Here they are, such as they are.]

The Focus Group discussed Polar's "Formal Semantics of XACML"
document, based on an XACML implementation in Haskell (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200310/msg00094.html).
Members expressed appreciation for Polar's work, and encouraged
him to post a list of the issues his analysis uncovered
(fortunately very few).  Polar mentioned that the Haskell
implementation took very little time.  It was noted that this
document can be used as a reference whenever issues over the
intended semantics of some aspect of XACML arise.

Frank Siebenlist is working through the document, learning
Haskell, and intends to write up his delegation proposal using
Haskell.