Subject: Re: [xacml] concrete proposal of condition reference (#7)

Hi Polar,

You are correct. If element is declared abstract, it can not appear in the
document by itself, but any element that is a member
of the abstract element 'substitution-group' can. Also, there is a
requirement that elements in the substitution group
must be either of the same type as 'head element' or related by type
derivation. To put it in less convoluted terms,
<Expression> element is an abstract element of <ExpressionType> type and is
a head of a substitution group. All other
types are derived from <ExpressionType> and corresponding elements are
members of <Expression> substitution group.

Point #1: Should variable def be a sequence of expressions or just an
expression? I agree, variable-def should be valid
expression, so it's just one expression, not many.

Point #2: Should <Function> be made into <Expression>?. The problem I see is
that by itself
<Function> does not have any meaning, it needs to be attached to <Apply>, so
that's why I created <HigherOrderApply>.
If you feel strongly that <Function> should be made into expression, I will
not object to it. We can adopt schema that you
propsed in your other message, with <Function> derived from <ExpressionType>
with FunctionId attribute.

Here is a schema with both changes applied.

Simon