Subject: negating target matches

In a recent conversation someone asked my why there aren't "not-equal"
functions to go with all the "equal" functions. I naively responded that
you can always use the "not" function, but he explained that he wanted
this for Target Matching, e.g. "match any subject who doesn't have this
name" or "match any access not for this server."

It got me thinking about Targets...we have some of the obvious boolean
operations covered (we can say "and" and "or"), but we don't have
negation. I'm loathe to bring this up when we're already so far along on
2.0, but I'm curious what other people think. What's your opinon about
having a flag (or something) that negates a TargetMatch?

In a related vein, I'm somewhat surprised that new functions haven't
been proposed for 2.0. Does anyone have any new functions that they
think would be useful? In the afore-mentioned conversation I was asked
about some of the standard string functions like concatination,
substring, etc. (thinking back, these are functions that I've also
wanted to use in policies). I've only been thinking about this for a
short time, but I think they would be useful...anyway, I wanted to get
some opinions on that too.

I'll get back to my real work now :)

seth