Subject: Re: [xacml] Removing A7 - A11

> I don't think it is that simple or egregious. There are normative
> requirements on the semantics in those sections that are not specified
> elsewhere. You'd have to move those requirements to the syntax section,
> which might muddle the waters a bit. The syntax section basically just
> explains the structure and what's allowed where. Appendix A explains the
> semantics in relation to the semantics of other the elements. I think the
> appendix would read kind of like something was missing, if those sections
> where simply tossed.

So, maybe if we're worried about redundancy, we should remove the semantics
from the syntax sections and leave the appendix alone? I agree that you'd
have to change some references, but from my reading the sections that Tim has
called out are covered by other sections already, so there would be no loss
of semantic description, per se.

seth