Subject: Re: [xacml] request's attribute assertion lifetime?

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 16:53, Frank Siebenlist wrote:
> Polar Humenn wrote:
>
> > If you take the approach that all attributes have validity intervals, then
> > they may have many validity intervals. Hmmm, how about the Cantor set?
>
> ... and definitely not a Cantor Set like problem ... which I take to be some
> attempt of humor by a (perverted) mathematician ... ;-)

For those who are curious, a Cantor set is (without getting too precise
and mathy) a set that is closed but disconnected. The cannonical example
is the Cantor Middle-Thirds set, which is constructed by removing the
middle third from a set, removing the middle third from the remaining
sets, etc. This results in "a lot" of intervals :)

seth