Subject: RE: [xacml] legal values for Strings

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 14:07, Tim Moses wrote:
> Seth et al - Probably a silly question.  But, why wouldn't we solve this
> problem like this ... ?
>
>   <AttributeAssignment
> DataType="urn:oasis:xacml:2.0:policy:schema:wd:08#AttributeSelector"
> AttributeId="..."
>     <AttributeSelector ...
>   </AttributeAssignment>

We certainly could do this. For that matter, we could define something
like an XMLElement datatype that accepts any generic XML sub-tree. The
problem, as Daniel points out, is that we won't be able to use it unless
there are functions that operate over it. I'm not sure we really want to
try defining all the right functions for 2.0. Maybe we should offload
this to a profile discussion?

seth