Subject: RE: [xacml] XACML TC position on SAML Attribute meta-data

You are right.

Ideally, the name structure should be compatible without any mangling
required.   But if we are to consider any particular name parts to be
separated (such as the scope), we should communicate that to the SAML
community.   I suggest that we do consider.

(My personal preference is to have the name of an attribute to consist
of an URL scope/source and string identifier.  With Subject/Resource
etc. being a mandatory defined instance of such a scope.)

BTW: I did not understand completely: how are SAML attributes mapped
into our existing attribute divisions?

Daniel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson [mailto:Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 11:51 AM
To: Daniel Engovatov
Cc: XACML TC

Daniel,

I suggest we separate the issue of support for concatenating name
components in general from the issue of support for a specific
"scope/namespace/source" name component.

So long as a deterministic concatenation order is specified, it
should be possible to omit any name component from a
concatenation if desired.

Anne

On 7 April, Daniel Engovatov writes: RE: [xacml] XACML TC position on
SAML Attribute meta-data