Subject: RE: [xacml] interior node <Result> elements for a hierarchy

>Unless someone gives me a good reason otherwise, I plan to
>specify that a <Result> SHALL be returned for each requested node
>in a hierarchy.  This retains backwards compatibility with the
>XACML 1.0/1.1 "scope" description.

Agree.  I do not think that we can do any effective shortcuts in the
standard - implementations though may achieve better efficiency by using
an appropriate interfaces.

I would also think that if my proposal for non-XML hierarchy
specification is used, scope of "immediate" children would not make
sense.
For flattened "ancestors" attribute all children are immediate, so that
there are no "diamond" or "cycle" inheritance problems (Though such
topologies still can be effectively represented).  For XML documents it
may be useful, so I would not mind if it is preserved.

Daniel.