Subject: RE: [xacml] interior node <Result> elements for a hierarchy

On 11 May, Daniel Engovatov writes: RE: [xacml] interior node <Result> elements for a hierarchy
 > >Unless someone gives me a good reason otherwise, I plan to
 > >specify that a <Result> SHALL be returned for each requested node
 > >in a hierarchy.  This retains backwards compatibility with the
 > >XACML 1.0/1.1 "scope" description.
 > I would also think that if my proposal for non-XML hierarchy
 > specification is used, scope of "immediate" children would not make
 > sense.
 > For flattened "ancestors" attribute all children are immediate, so that
 > there are no "diamond" or "cycle" inheritance problems (Though such
 > topologies still can be effectively represented).  For XML documents it
 > may be useful, so I would not mind if it is preserved.

I disagree.  It is still possible for the PEP or Context Handler to
provide a "resource-parent" Attribute for each immediate parent,
and this can be used to generate predicates for "immediate
children" of some given node.  The fact that the representation
of nodes is flattened does not mean that the PEP or Context
Handler can't tell a parent from an ancestor.

We could also define "resource-grandparent", "resource-sibling",
etc., but I don't think we have a use case.