Subject: URL/URI match functions

Colleagues - Attached, please find a discussion of the issues that have
arisen out of the URL match function proposal.

It seems to me that Michiharu's requirement for URI-match-with-propagation
is sufficiently different that we should not attempt to solve it with the
URL match function.  If Michiharu's requirement can be addressed by our
current reg-exp function, then no new function is required.  If it cannot,
then perhaps Michiharu can propose a new function definition.

I think Rich's proposed extension should be accepted.

All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses
613.270.3183

Requirements for a URI matching function.pdf