Subject: RE: [xacml] New profile drafts: Hierarchical Resources and Multiple Resources

I would think that support for this two attributes is no less
"interesting" then any other naming convention.  There is no way to
indicate that a particular attribute with predefined meaning is
supported - URI of an attribute itself does not imply anything.
This is not a support of attribute id.  This is about support for
special information contained in that attribute id that can be used to
write effective hierarchical policies.

Daniel;

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson [mailto:Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:11 PM
To: Daniel Engovatov
Cc: XACML TC
Subject: RE: [xacml] New profile drafts: Hierarchical Resources and
Multiple Resources

We don't have special URI's to indicate whether a system supports
any particular AttributeId.  I don't want to create something
just for these two Attributes.  They are treated by the PDP just
like any other Attribute.

If you want to say a system supports resource-ancestors or
resource-parents, I suggest you use the URI of the AttributeId
itself.