Subject: Re: [xacml] Proposal relating to OASIS IPR Policy

> What OASIS has proposed seems to sound and eliminates the concerns of many
> members. I doubt that a employer would sign the agreement as there are many
> cases where the companies don't join for these vary reasons. In the case
> that you point out it would seem the proper thing to do is have the company
> join, as this seems a way to cheat OASIS out of funding.

Hm.  Perhaps we can ask the individual to sign an agreement that they will
not conribute their employer's IP, or to sign an "affidavit" kind of thing
that says they are operating as an individual, not as a representative of
their employer.  That should prevent IP leakage.  And perhaps also have
the employer exdplicitly sign a "not conributing even though individual
XXX is" kind of statement.

The cheating is a legit concern; I did at at my previous company since we
were a dirt-poor startup. Perhaps OASIS should prohibit more than "n"
emaikl addresses to the same domain unless the owner is a member?  That's
easy to spoof, but at least it makes it explicit that that is what is
being done.
	/r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html