Subject: Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype

On Aug 27, 2004, at 1:14 PM, Daniel Engovatov wrote:
> For the dynamic composition purposes, we can introduce string-to-xpath
> mapping function.   Legacy policies then can be easily and
> automatically
> converted to 2.0 functions.

Well, yes, that certainly addresses the issue, and I suspect that
others have been thinking about it. I certainly have. But, remember
when I said that this conversation will cascade? What about the other
functions that take strings instead of well defined types? What about
the other conversations that would be useful? I've got several dozen
functions I'd like to see added, but I held back because I wanted to
see 2.0 wrap in a timely manner.

I don't want to see us adding new functions at this point because I
don't think we have the time to think carefully about them, and I don't
think we'll have the chance to think carefully about which functions to
add/change and which to exclude.

seth