Subject: xacml-like authz processing in globus

During the focus group telcon this afternoon, I promised to forward
pointers to the list about the current authorization-related work we're
doing for globus.

Two weeks ago, we had our user conference in Boston
(www.globusworld.org), where Anne Anderson gave a great introduction
about XACML, after which Takuya Mori and I presented about our early
work on a generic authorization processing framework that should find
its way into the globus runtime in the not-so-far future.

There is no real oficial documentation yet about this authorization
framework, but the presentation proposal we wrote for Tim Moses's
workshop gives you a one page description:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~franks/GlobusAuthzProccessingFramework-OttawaAuthzWorkshopsubmission2005.pdf
(http://tinyurl.com/4b2zw)

Furthermore, you can find a copy of our GlobusWorld presentation here:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~franks/GW05-XACMLandGlobus-Demo.ppt.pdf
(http://tinyurl.com/5w49h)

(I'll send a pointer to Anne's xacml-presentation as soon as I found the
final version...)

My idea was to use one of the upcoming xacml focus group meetings to
give a walkthrough of this work as I believe it is relevant to the
delegation features that we want to add to xacml.

Enjoy, Frank.

--
Frank Siebenlist franks@mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory