Subject: Re: [xacml] Groups - XACML v3.0 improved generality,working draft 03 (access_control-xacml-3.0-generalization-spec-wd-03.doc)uploaded

Colleagues,

I finally read this working draft, and I think it has value.  I agree
with Tim that it is a generalization of XACML that not only allows
organizations to leverage their investments in XACML for broader types
of policies, but also is a cleaner abstraction for handling the XACML
access control "effect" requirements, which XACML now splits between
"effect" and "obligation", while still being unable to express certain
types of desired outcomes of an access request.

While I think the current version needs considerable discussion and
elaboration, I would like to see us continue work in this direction.

Anne