Subject: Re: [xacml] conformance tests, datatype in attribute value elements ofRequest.xml files to be removed

> Request.xml files from conformance tests. They pass schema
> validation, because schema allows them. However, they can
> potentially create confusion if the data types do not match between
> Attribute and its children AttributeValue elements.
> Also, the spec document defines that types should be in the parent
> Attribute element.

Wow. I'm surprised those are in the tests. I think you should
definitely remove them, since they're quite misleading and arguably
[1] incorrect.

To be clear, what you're talking about is the case where a Request has:

   <Attribute DataType="..." ...
     <AttributeValue DataType="..." ...

In these cases, you want to remove the DataType attribute in
AttributeValue (which shouldn't actually be recognized by any XACML
processors anyway). Correct?

seth

[1]  The context schema defines its own version of AttributeValue,
which doesn't have the DataType attribute. The schema validation is
passing, I assume, because the AttributeValue is not namespaced
correctly and can therefore be interpreted as an Any element. If it
was correctly reconized as an xacml-context:AttributeValue the schema
validation should fail, since that element doesn't have an attribute.
At least, I think that's right. Does that sound correct to you?