Subject: RE: [xacml] Attribute categories

That is not yet a draft - only draft of a draft ;).  I do need feedback
on whether we redo current schema for categories, or try to squeeze in
extension categories without changing anything else.

I can not make it to a call right now - let's discuss this next week
and/or over email.

Daniel;

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson [mailto:Anne.Anderson@sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:00 AM
To: Erik Rissanen
Cc: xacml

I can't call in today.  I'm very glad to see the draft available,
however.  I have read through the latest Admin Policy draft, and will be

ready to discuss it at next week's meeting.

Thanks for all your work on this, Erik.  You have been pulling a big
share of the load, and you have done an excellent job.  And thanks to
Daniel for getting the categories draft out to us.

Anne

Erik Rissanen wrote:
> Good! Is there going to be a focus group meeting today to discuss
this,
> as was proposed at the last meeting? I will call in and check if
anyone
> else will be there.
>
> Best regards, Erik
>
> Daniel Engovatov wrote:
>
>>I tried to make a reasonable draft for introducing abstract attribute
>>categories to the XACML context.  It seems there is a choice in
between
>>less invasive and considerably ugly (IMHO) way, or a nicer way to
define
>>this that is considerably invasive.  By considerably invasive I mean
it
>>will require translation of existing policies and request, and
extensive
>>editing of the specification and of some related profiles.
>>The difference is whether to define existing subject categories in the
>>terms of the abstract ones.
>>I am attaching a short description of the invasive proposal to
>>illustrate what I mean here.  I would guess we would need to discuss
if
>>we are willing to go that route - and I do see some benefits in doing
>>that - or if we are not willing to make that many changes to the core
>>spec.
>>If we are brave I will edit the core spec and the profile documents as
>>described in the proposal.  That may take some time as there are a lot
>>of (fairly straightforward though) little changes.
>>Daniel;
_
>>Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
contain
>>information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and
affiliated
>>entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted
and/or
>>legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
individual
>>or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended
recipient,
>>and have received this message in error, please immediately return
this
>>by email and then delete it.
>>generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in
OASIS
>>at:
>>https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php

OASIS
> at:

Anne H. Anderson               Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Labs          1-781-442-0928
Burlington, MA USA