Subject: RE: [xacml] Added issue 54: Number of policies created by administrative policy delegation

All

I will do my best to be the champion the resolution of my issue of the
high numbers of policies potentially generated by (e.g.):

1.  Frequent delegation of privilege between doctors to be the care
giver of a specific patient at a certain point in time;
2.  Delegation by patients of privilege to access and/or change all or
portions of their personal medical health record to one or more
individuals.

Having a manageable solution to these use cases as implemented using the
XACML administrative policy for delegation would be very useful for the
VA.

Best regards
David Staggs

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson - Sun Microsystems [mailto:Anne.Anderson@sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 6:49 AM
To: XACML TC
Subject: [xacml] Added issue 54: Number of policies created by
administrative policy delegation

I have added the following issue:

David Staggs and some others have mentioned that they are not planning
to use XACML's administrative policy for delegation because of the large

number of policies it would require, and the management of those
policies. This may not be as big an issue as these potential users
think, but if not, we should explain how to determine the number of
policies that will be required for some typical use cases.

I took the liberty of assigning David as the Champion (not meaning that
he is responsible for resolving the issue, of course), but if he is not
willing to be Champion, I will do it.  I have heard this mentioned now
several times, so I think we at least need to come up with a response.