Subject: New WS-XACML issues added

Colleagues,

I updated several non-WS-XACML issues that were marked OPEN, but are
actually either Pending or Pending Review.  I will add dates for my SAML
profile-related items as soon as I can block out time to work on a new
SAML profile draft.

I added five new issues reflecting all the unresolved topics I am
currently aware of in WS-XACML as of WD 8.  I am the champion for all
these.  In every case, I have suggested the TC review and decide on a
resolution by 1/18/07, and I will incorporate these into a new draft by
2/1/07.  A summary of these follows.  See the Issue List for fuller
descriptions (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/IssuesList).

55: Address policy references in an XACMLAssertion Requirements element
containing a PolicySet

- these could be disallowed, required to be resolvable (e.g. URL), or a
new element could be added into which all referenced policies and policy
sets must be placed)

56: Add optional "Preference" XML attribute to Apply element of an
XACMLAssertion Requirements or Capabilities element to indicate which
value in a range or set is most preferred by the Assertion issuer

- this would allow the generic intersection engine to select a specific
value for each policy variable for use in a specific interaction

57: Restrictions on XPath expression to support matching Attribute